Community

Club

Purchase

Trade

 













Vineyards

Catherine’s

Paso Robles AVA


Lovett

Red Hills of Lake County AVA


Growers

Ernesto and Giulio

Phil Lovett


Harvest Dates

8/27/14, 9/10/14


Alcohol / pH

13.7% / 3.44


Titratable Acidity

0.6 gms / 100mL


Cases Produced

320


Suggested Retail

$18

2014

California

Vermentino


We traveled the length and breadth of California researching vineyards and growers cultivating vermentino.  To the north, the Lovett Vineyard perches on a steep hillside overlooking Clear Lake, in the Red Hills of Lake County AVA.  Loose volcanic soil insures fast drainage and limits the naturally high vigor of the vermentino vines.  Reflected afternoon light off the lake helps the normally slow-ripening varietal reach perfection.  With ample sunshine and proximity to water, the site resembles the hillsides above the Mediterranean Sea where vermentino has been cultivated for centuries.

In the central coast, Catherine’s vineyard lies on the east side of Paso Robles AVA.  Flowing across gently undulating hills, these vineyards sit on sandy clay loam soil that drains well.  Farmed to low yields, we appreciate the viticultural practices employed that emphasize quality over quantity.


Winemaker Notes


Our 2014 Vermentino highlights this varietal’s unique qualities which makes it a perfect complement to seafood and lighter Mediterranean-type meals.  55% of the blend originates from the Catherine's Vineyard in San Luis Opisbo county, providing a foundation of ripe apple and pineapple flavors.  Lovett Vineyard, in the Red Hills of Lake County AVA, contributes the other 45%, with bright acidity and citrus notes.  The resulting blend rewards with aromas of white peach, pineapple, apple, and lilies, a lush mouthfeel, and a refreshing acidity on the clean finish.  This wine is best served well-chilled, and when paired with simply prepared grilled fish, it evokes great dinners in port side restaurants along the beautiful coast of Italy.  It takes us there every time.


Reviews


Pending

 

© 2015 BAILIWICK WINE COMPANY ALL RIGHTS RESERVED

NEXT
WINE2014_Rose_of_Cabernet_Franc.html